|Address||London, ON N6A3K5
|Job Offered By||Individual|
TITLE Part-time Handyman
Responsible for performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks throughout the day, which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work; electrical; plumbing; painting; HVAC; flooring; outdoor landscaping and snow removal; general facility repairs.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge in many aspects of repair & maintenance work
• Verbal communication
• Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
• Two to Five or more years handyman or related experience
• Knowledge of cleaning solutions and materials
• Able to work occasional on call and weekend shifts
• Must be a team player and treat co-workers with respect
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected
• Must have WSIB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Electrical repairs and maintenance: lightbulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses
• Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting, etc
• General Plumbing: Toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc
• Facility Repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, etc
• Outdoors: landscaping and snow removal; sidewalks and driveways, etc
Reports directly to the Service Manager
• Property Management Maintenance
• Exposure to student homes
• Exposure to dust, noise, and temperature changes
• Ability to reach and to lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
• Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) hour work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn and climb stairs. Ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
• Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
• On occasion able to work other shifts and overtime.
• Ability to learn new tasks and procedures.
• Ability to move furniture and equipment.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will call you for an Interview!