|Address||Windsor, ON, Canada
|Job Offered By||Individual|
Office Furniture and Supplies
(File Reference: FD-2016)
On behalf of our Client, a leading Office Supply and Furniture Distributor, we are pleased to be conducting a search for a Furniture Driver/Installer. Our Client is well established with over 60 years in business and is known for outstanding customer service, and is a leading supplier of office supplies and equipment as well as high quality office furniture in Windsor, and across Southwestern Ontario.
This is a full time furniture installer and driving position requiring a high level of customer service, problem solving abilities and a clean driving record delivering furniture in Windsor and surrounding areas. You will present a professional image as you represent the company as part of a two man team delivering and installing office furniture at customer locations providing exceptional customer service. This is an entry level position for someone with great aptitudes and abilities with future opportunities for career progression with this organization.
• Assists with receiving and unloading of furniture and equipment at customer sites.
• Picks up furniture, equipment, and supplies and delivers to customer sites.
• Follows manufacturer instructions for assembly of furniture and equipment and reads room layouts for furniture placement.
• Processes all paperwork, receiving/shipping tickets, standard stock requisition form, etc securing customer signatures on packing slips.
• Completes deficiency forms for submission to manufacturers.
• Stocks, stores, and moves all materials, supplies, and equipment to storage areas.
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of warehouse areas.
• Assembly of furniture and equipment – basic hand tool knowledge.
• Adheres to all safety rules, regulations, district policies and state laws pertaining to the operation of company vehicles.
• Uses Hydraulic jack, forklift, hand truck.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
• Project a positive attitude for the benefit of our customers and fellow employees.
• Read, understand and adhere to all rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate and completed in a timely fashion cleaning up work site.
• Work effectively without supervision.
• Completion of Post-Secondary Diploma.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys working in a team environment and self motivated to work independently.
• A valid class G driver’s license with clean driving abstract.
• Able to lift up to 75 – 100 lbs and strong finger dexterity.
• Good mathematical abilities.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with paperwork.
• Ability to follow manufacturer instructions for furniture assembly and utilize critical thinking skills.
• Prior experience delivering and installing office furniture an asset.
• Fork lift certification an asset.
• Knowledge of courier procedures an asset.
Our Client offers competitive total compensation including a competitive starting wage, group benefits, and the opportunity for career development over the long-term for well qualified and motivated candidates.
For further position details and consideration, highly qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume information in confidence to (please quote the File Reference number above):
SHRP Limited | www.savinohrp.ca
All Applications treated confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance).