The Graphic Designer is an integral member of the project team responsible for creating accurate renderings and designs that will instruct the manufacturing team how to complete the project to exact specifications. The Graphic Designer is responsible for working with the Project Coordinator to understand and execute drawings and designs, while recommending solutions for the scope of the project. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the timely completion of drawings in accordance to the instructions provided and making changes as required until project is ready for production. Using detailed time-management skills, ensure drawings and designs remain on schedule and ensure timely delivery of production files to the necessary departments.|
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Attend daily production meetings and report on the status of design projects in process.
- Meet with the print department daily to provide direction and maintain quality control of your design project. Use this time to update the Print Coordinator of any upcoming projects so that they can effectively plan their production.
- Meet with Sales Associates or Project Coordinators to review drawings and site survey then discuss project details and clients' signage needs.
- Provide the Project Coordinator with best recommendations for materials, sizes and manufacturing process which best fits the clients’ expectations of the finished project.
- When required, source specialty products for the Project Coordinators ensuring they are updated with the supplier and pricing information.
- Using the most efficient process, complete proof renderings for Project Coordinators to present to the clients within the required timeline, keeping them updated should the drawings or changes fall behind schedule.
- Request timely check-ins with the Project Coordinator for questions or direction when necessary while keeping the designs on schedule.
- Notify the Project Coordinator if changes have been made that change the scope of the project ie. size, material, etc., so that the workorder can be updated accordingly and the client be contacted for approval should these changes affect the cost of the project.
- Keep client files organized and ensure drawings are accurately dated, assigned to the proper workorder # and client while versioned correctly when changes are saved.
- Ensure your project can be easily accessed and and worked on should another designer have to coordinate your project in your absence.
- Prepare and save files for other production departments, ensuring adequate time for final production and install of the product. ie.CNC files, print files, vinyl cut files, etc.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and encourage this positive attitude in other employees.
We need people with these key attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive attitude
- Organized with advanced time management skills while able to accurately predict project timelines and completion dates
- A willingness to learn new technology when required
- Team oriented while contributing to ongoing process improvement
Why Work at Kwik Signs?
- A fast growing company with room for employment growth
- Compensation package based on experience
- Company paid family benefits plan
- Easy commute to Port Perry from Hwy 407
- Picturesque view of the countryside
- Modern, spacious and new facility