|Address||Kitchener, ON N2N3G4
|For Sale By||Owner|
Orange Strat type guitar,.
Sounds great, plays great and has rock-steady tuning.
Plays like a Custom Shop Guitar. Costs like a 2nd tier brand.
3 piece Basswood body, maple necks with rosewood fingerboards with medium jumbo frets. Hand-modified, sanded and painted. Polyurethane base coat/clear coat for years of durable good looks!
Hot-Rod Parts -
- Bone Nut - Cost - $5 US + shipping, tax
- Wilkinson steel block tremelo (sounds great and 1/2" thick steel sustain block gives it wicked sustain!) - Cost $60 US + shipping, tax
- Oak Grigsby 5 way switch + mini toggle for 7 pickup selection combinations - Cost - $10 US + Shipping, tax
- CTS 450 G low friction vintage-style guitar-specific potentiometers - Cost $18 US + shipping, tax
- Sprague Orange Drop Cap's for tone control - Cost - $4 US + shipping, tax
- Switchcraft Jack - Cost - $3 US + shipping, tax
- Made in USA white 3 ply back plate matches pick guard - Cost $9 US + Shipping, Tax
TOTAL US-sourced "Hot Rod" parts = $212.39 CDN
- JD Custom Pickups TWOSmooth! hand wound Boutique single coil, Alnico 2 pickup set for smooth, warm vintage type tone - retail value $185 CDN
TOTAL Value of all "Hot Rod" parts - $397.39.
Pickups can be heard at www.jdcustompickups.com
Guitars can be played and purchased at Guitar Corner after January 1, 2017. but price will rise to account for consignment fee.
If you're looking for a Strat type guitar that plays and sounds like a $2000 custom-shop model, but you don't have the budget, this guitar is a great option for you.
Guitar comes with a gig bag, a 4 mm truss rod allen key and a 1 mm saddle allen key.