|Address||Kingston, ON, Canada
Areas of specialty include body image issues, maladaptive eating and sexual behaviours, addictions, abuse, marital discord and family development, anxiety, family of origin issues, trauma, life management issues, emotional turmoil, criminal rehabilitation, parenting and child development, depression and suicidal ideation, gender identity, LGBTQ issues, and many more. Providing a variety of options for holistic healing with a clinical focus given to mental, emotional, and physical health.
This counselling service is offered through video conferencing and is, in many ways, similar to attending counselling in an office. Although there are benefits and restrictions to this type of counselling, for many clients the benefits outweigh the restrictions. Please feel free to read the results of peer-reviewed research about the myths and realities of online clinical work by copying this link into your address bar http://www.strengthcounselling.ca/pdfs/Myths2002.pdf. You can also visit the feedback section of the website where some previous and current clients address their experiences with e-counselling.
This service may be helpful for those who:
- Wish to remain in their own homes while addressing their concerns
- Travel frequently
- Struggle with social anxiety
- Are burdened by commuting to see a counsellor
- Do not have flexibility in their schedule to physically meet with a counsellor
- Live or work in an area where counselling services are not available
- Find securing childcare as a barrier to receive services
Call us toll-free at 1-866-295-0551 or respond to this ad for more information.