|Address||16 Ridout St, Lindsay, ON K9V 2B2, Canada
|For Sale By||Owner|
We have had this lift for the last 4 years. I have replaced the main bearing and it runs well. We have used it indoors and roof covered while we had it. We are replacing it because we just got a good deal on a new(er) lift. They are expensive and hard to find used.
Ok, here we go. This lift is honestly in rough shape. It is physically solid, it has no driveline problems and the motor is in perfect shape. The electrics are working as intended and it can be set to stop at different heights.
1. There is supposed to be a sensor under the basket that stops the motor if there is something underneath the lift. This sensor is long dead and the bottom plate is rusted and would not likely accept a new sensor anyways. The safety is bypassed.
2. There is some rust on the basket rails. The base is solid and not rusted. The rails coming up could use a touch of reinforcement. IT would be easy straight forward beginners type welding to fix it.
3. The base of the motor cabinet is rusty. If you are going to use it outside you would need to properly sand and paint this area to prevent further issues. It is inside now so it has not been an issue.
4. The external wiring really could stand to be replaced. It is not any special type of wire, it can be bought by the foot at Home hardware. It's just old and showing it's age.
5. The key is broken off in the switch. It does not effect function, but you'd have to replace the lock or get the stuck piece out and have a key made if you wanted that to function properly. It is in the on position now meaning it works all the time when you hit the buttons.
I am giving all this information out because I want whoever looks at this ad to realize that finding this stuff in good shape is hard, and if you find it cheap like my unit, it really could use a good servicing. I am an auto mechanic and I have no issues working on it. They are a very straight forward type of machine.
I just want to stress that you should not buy my unit for your 94 year old mother that lives alone. I am in my late 40's and this is for my disabled wife. I monitor the use of it and it is kept in a way that nothing can get under it. I keep it in a shed and no one is allowed near it except my wife. I always go around and physically look under it before she comes down just to be safe.
It's rough, that's why it's cheap. Pulling it out on Friday, come see it working until then if you like.
VERY HEAVY!!!!!!! No delivery/setup. Bring a trailer and a couple strong people to pick up.