Cambridge Memorial Hospital is seeking a Manager of Mental Health Services to play an instrumental role in the overall operational management of Mental Health Services Reporting to the Director Mental Services and working in close collaboration with the Chief of Mental Health Services and the management team, the successful incumbent provides leadership in the development and implementation of clinical and operational strategies to ensure delivery of exceptional and safe health care to patients. This individual will act as an advocate for both patients and staff and drive exceptional delivery of outcomes that are aligned with organizational priorities. The overall scope of the position includes providing leadership, expertise and innovation in business and human resource planning, delivering recruitment and retention strategies, driving quality improvement, contributing to risk and utilization management, manage best practice guidelines & standards and oversee volume and utilization management. We are searching for a passionate and driven individual with a proven track record to further clinical care and evidenced informed practice. Innovation, resilience, stellar communication skills, detail orientation and prioritization/organization are some of the key attributes that are essential to be successful in our fast-paced environment. This position contributes to ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Responsible for the provision of patient care services within the clinical program. This responsibility includes all operations such as bed management, utilization, staffing, professional practice, identifying educational requirements, occupational health and safety including WHMIS, and the identification of all supply and capital equipment requirements.
- Promotes a patient focused environment through the implementation of best evidence practice and continuous quality improvement including developing, implementing and monitoring performance indicators. The Manager facilitates the development of goals and objectives for the program/service, is responsible for communication through regular staff meetings, and attends the monthly associated Physician Affiliate Group meetings.
- Partners with the Clinical Educator Facilitator (CEF) team to mentor and coach staff responsible for day-to-day patient care, working with Physicians and other health care professionals across the hospital to ensure an interdisciplinary approach to patient care is achieved.
- Develops, manages, monitors and reviews the financial performance of the program, initiates strategies to ensure budgetary variances are managed, and develops the annual capital budget list in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all collective agreements, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and ongoing retention and recruitment of staff.
- Oversee compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements related to practice standards and patient safety and ensures the implementation of improvement strategies as required. This position manages staff risk issues and is responsible to implement strategies to minimize risk.
- Facilitate the process for Accreditation within her/his area of responsibility.
- In partnership with the leads for Quality and Risk, the Manager facilitates the process for quality initiatives, Risk Management within her/his areas of responsibility.
- Foster initiatives that promote improved patient experience, such as leadership rounding, participation on mental health family council.
- Manages the delivery of mental health services to meet patient care needs, including a focus on the clinical expansion and the operational readiness associated with the Capital Redevelopment project.
- Participates on corporate projects as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualify for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- BScN required.
- Undergraduate degree in health-related discipline required.
- Master of Health Administration, Nursing or a related graduate level program, completed or in progress with completion within 5 years.
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent clinical management experience in a hospital setting preferably in mental health services.
- Evidence of recent ongoing education and professional development.
- Evidence of recent management education and training.
- Demonstrated leadership skills & abilities.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning and evaluation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional patient care and continuous focus on quality improvement and results driven outcomes.
- Proven track record in continuous quality improvement and ongoing learning.
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with a track record of fostering collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrated human resource management skills in a unionized environment required.
- Ability to deliver a strong vision of values based, patient centred service delivery model.
- Regular attendance is required.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
CAMBRIDGE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL