Reporting to the Executive Director of the Residence, the Nurse Manager manages the overall nursing program for the residents.|
- To complete all care pledge assessments, develop service plans and arrange resident/family care conferences and ensure all are up to date. To ensure the service plans and care staffing reflect and meet the residents needs
- To work closely with Sales and Marketing to optimize occupancy & revenues
- To schedule and adjust Health & Wellness staffing to ensure consistency with the residence&'s current occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents, the services being purchased and applicable union agreements
- To set purchase quotas for care supplies and manage supplies within the context of the annual budget
- To manage care revenues and labour costs in line with annual budgets; monitor labour metrics such as overtime and take corrective action
- To supervise the medication administration program including; administration of medication by all staff and resident self medication assessments and audits; monitor control and safekeeping of drugs & narcotics
- To perform resident care and medication administration duties
- To complete and ensure accuracy of Health & Wellness payroll and manage staffing budget within performance targets
- To direct the planning & delivery of H&W services & clinical programs, including emergency response to achieve excellent and safe care to resident
- To direct and monitor the maintenance of health care records to ensure compliance with regulations and quality care for the resident.
- To participate in Care Conferences, meet with residents/family to plan and coordinate Health and Wellness services and address related concerns
- To ensure the optimization of pharmacy revenues
- To assist the Executive Director by collaborating with the house physician to ensure that medical attention and records are in compliance with regulations;
- To manage, where a contract exists with a local health authority/entity, the relationship with the appropriate party and ensure compliance with the contract
- To hire, supervise and evaluate the performance of H & W personnel, including the use of the disciplinary process in conjunction with Executive Director; provide relevant orientation and education
- To monitor and review H & W staff performance and compliance with all residence policies and procedures, including safety rules , safe working practices, and resident care protocols
- To comply with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations, i.e. Health Disciplines Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, WCB/WSIB, College of Nurses Standards, Regulated Health Profession Act., etc.
- To assist the ED with budget preparation for the Health & Wellness department.
- To establish and maintain relationships with key external agencies/stakeholders to facilitate delivery of services to residences and be an active member of health system
- To collaborate with ED and other leaders to implement quality and safety plans, and achieve accreditation standards and high resident/staff satisfaction
- To investigate complaints/incidents ensuring appropriate action taken
- To co-ordinate and monitor the Infection Prevention& Control Program for the H & W Department.
- To uphold and promote the organization&'s values and philosophy of care and Professional Practice Model, relating particularly to ethics, morality and integrity as set out in Revera&'s Code of Conduct.
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse from the applicable provincial/state professional regulatory body; competency to perform skills within their scope of practice;
- Degree or Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years relevant clinical experience and 1 year leadership experience, preferably in a retirement residence;
- Must possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate the terms of residents' contracts and services to front line staff;
- Thorough understanding of effective HR practices and policies;
- Experience working in a unionized environment and managing under a collective agreement (where residence is unionized);
- Effective communication skills to respectfully and compassionately deal with employees, older adults and their families;
- Must have demonstrated sound financial knowledge and understanding of how decisions can affect/impact results;
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved;
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid designation required;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Proficiency in a 2nd language consistent with the resident population is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).