- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Addictions Counselor III|
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Addictions Counselor III
CH-ASRES ARC Edmonton-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Adult Recovery Centre Edmonton - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.06 per hour Maximum: 46.55 per hour
Mental Health, Psychology/Counselling/Social Work
The Addiction Counsellor III:
- Reports to the Care Manager and is responsible for providing counseling support for clients admitted to an acute withdrawal management facility.
- Position supports up to 42 clients and provides crisis counseling and addictions & mental health assessments with the goal of treatment planning and referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Is expected to complete appropriate clinical documentation and facilitate psychoeducational workshops as well as maintaining positive liaisons with community and provincial stakeholders.
- Is expected to maintain continued competence in current and up-to-date addictions treatment theory and principles.
- Operates within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and is based on a medical model of care.
- Functions with minimal supervision and is required to work independently.
- University Degree at the undergraduate/graduate level in an appropriate discipline or graduation from a recognized 2-year diploma program with equivalent experience.
- Appropriate licenses from governing body (ie. Alberta College of Social Workers).
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years direct counseling experience working in an addictions and mental health setting.
- Direct experience in case management, group and individual counselling, and knowledge of the process of addictions and various theoretical models are required.
- Experience in screening, assessing, and managing suicide risk are required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services