|Address||Edmonton, AB T5J
|Job Offered By||Individual|
Our specialty medical clinic is looking for a reliable, energetic, and pleasant individual who can keep track of details and who uses excellent organizational skills and techniques to manage multiple tasks.
You would be working with a fun and bright group of physicians and other health professionals/para-professionals to help improve health and quality of life for patients with complex needs. While training or experience in a health care environment may be helpful, it is not mandatory. We will certainly consider applicants who have developed strong skill sets through other education, training, and employment experience.
Role Summary: Is responsible for coordinating the care of patients between other health care providers, health facilities and community service agencies. Ensures clinic time is scheduled to maximize physician productivity and quality of care.
Major Duties: This position may share duties with the Case Coordinator II/Clinic Technician.
• Participate in daily case conferences to address outstanding patient care requirements and coordinate care
• Manage telephone inquiries and requests for assessment/admission to treatment program
• Manage clinic schedules
• Liaise with College of Physicians and Surgeons for patient admissions to and discharge from treatment program
• Greet patients and advise responsible physician of patient’s arrival
• Create hard copy and electronic patient charts
• Prepare letters to primary care providers, notifications to patients
• Confirm validity of provincial health insurance numbers
• Document clinical encounters and collateral history in a timely fashion
• Maintain active patient roster
• Act as a back-up as needed for Clinic Technician
• Other duties as required
• Ability to demonstrate compassion towards patients
• Pleasant communication manner with patients and colleagues in health care and social services
• Ability to work independently or with minimal direction
• Ability to focus on several tasks while minding the details of each
• Organizational and time management skills, with the use of technological productivity tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; typing at 45+ words per minute
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to draft professional correspondence
This position is a full time position with typical business hours, however, preference will be given to applicants who are flexible to work evenings and/or weekends as required.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in a single attachment.