- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Laboratory Assistant II|
Laboratory Assistant II
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
11.25, 8.0, 5.0
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 23.84 per hour Maximum: 28.69 per hour
The Laboratory Assistant II will support the laboratory by providing client services, including reception duties, data entry, and collection and processing quality specimens for analysis.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leaders, the primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collecting blood specimens from adults and children using macro and micro phlebotomy techniques.
- Performing urea breath tests, macro and micro urinalysis, pregnancy and occult blood tests, and whole blood glucose testing by meter and preparing specimens for transportation.
- Assisting with the orientation/teaching of new staff, co-workers, and external clients.
- Performing and reviewing quality control assays.
- Performing and recording equipment maintenance.
The incumbent will follow current laboratory policies and procedures, including laboratory safety procedures.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant Training program is required.
- Successful demonstration of laboratory skills and data entry are required.
- Working within a team environment, good interpersonal skills, effective time management, and the ability to set priorities are necessary.
- Must be adaptable and flexible within an environment of change and interruptions.
- Must have the ability to listen, comprehend, and orally respond to or relay information, directions, or questions in person, over the phone, or in writing in an accurate, clear, and concise manner.
- Must represent Provincial Laboratory Services in a respectful, professional, and courteous manner.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services