- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Wetaskiwin, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
LPN - Renal Dialysis|
LPN - Renal Dialysis
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Wetaskiwin Hospital and Care C - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 26.21 per hour Maximum: 34.28 per hour
Nursing - Practical Nurse
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the LPN is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Decisions are made in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. The LPN provides patient and family centered care to acute and chronic renal failure patient populations. The LPN will practice within the guidelines and philosophy of the Northern Alberta Renal Program (NARP).
Please note this position is at the Wetaskiwin Satellite Dialysis unit approximately 65km south of Edmonton.
- Registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
- Current BCLS-HCP certification is required and must be maintained annually.
- Hemodialysis experience is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years recent medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Knowledge of NIS database is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing and fluctuating workload.
- Demonstrated initiative, accountability, decision making, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful candidate must be able to lift 40lbs (18kg).
- Must be able to attend Hemodialysis training in Edmonton or Red Deer.
- Upon successful completion of the Hemodialysis training course in either Edmonton or Red Deer; pass mark of 80% on the final exam and satisfactory performance during the clinical component is required to move onto buddy shifts. Unit specific orientation shifts will be assigned by the hiring manager.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services