- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Occupational Therapist I|
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Occupational Therapist I
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Plaza 124 Building - Multi Site - At or Out Of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 37.30 per hour Maximum: 49.65 per hour
Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation/Therapy
The successful applicant will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Primary duties will be to provide direct and consultative occupational therapy services to people living in various Supportive Living environments.
- Assess client functional skills and capabilities in order to determine services is required.
- Implement occupational therapy services in accordance with practice standards, using best practice and a client-centered approach.
- Provide teaching, delegation and assignment of tasks to clients, client&'s family, frontline caregivers and Supportive Living Therapy Assistants as appropriate.
- Liaise with Supportive Living staff, service providers, and programs to promote collaboration and partnerships in the delivery of high quality care.
- Monitor services provided for effectiveness and efficacy, including participation in quality improvement and best practice initiatives, use of outcome measures, and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of resources, community agencies, and Alberta Health Services programs and services available within the Edmonton Zone.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and be an effective team player.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Registration with ACOT is required, and membership with CAOT is encouraged.
- Experience in the rehabilitation of adults and seniors with various health needs, disabilities and mental health needs is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification of at least Basic Rescuer Level is required.
- AADL Authorizer Certification is preferred.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office is preferred.
- This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver&'s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services