- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75) / Patient Care Coord|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
UA-OR Booking Office-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
U of A Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The Operating Room Booking and Scheduling RN is responsible for overseeing the daily operating room schedule, ensuring that operating room time is utilized efficiently and appropriately and ensuring that patients are ready for surgery. Duties include: ensuring patients are screened and ready for surgery before their scheduled procedure date and coordinating special tests required before surgery. The RN participates in the wait listing function and works in collaboration with surgeons and their offices to prioritize patients and establish operating and pre-admission clinic dates. The RN also works in collaboration with the utilization managers and Day Surgery unit to ensure surgical beds are utilized efficiently and to ensure specialty care beds have been requested prior to surgery.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program required.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Operating room/Pyxis OR Manager experience an asset.
- Possess computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills and ability to communicate well with surgeons and clerical staff.
Responsible to provide proof of active registration with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) and to maintain registration throughout the duration of employment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services