- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
UAH Stollery 5G4 Medicine
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Stollery Childrens Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
5G4 is an 18 bed pediatric medical-surgical unit. The Registered Nurse will report to the Unit Managers for Pediatric Medicine. The successful candidate must be committed to Family Centered Care and be able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
Staff will also be cross-trained to provide care on other pediatric medicine units and may be requested to cross-train to support other pediatric inpatient units as required.
The successful candidate must be able to work well both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team; they must also display strong critical thinking skills.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support-Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification required.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be adaptable to a rapidly changing environment and have strong organizational skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants with recent acute care pediatric experience.
- Prior experience with children with multiple or fragile medical conditions and care of children with tracheostomies is preferred.
- PEARS and/or PALS certifications are considered an asset.
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements (if not previously done so):
- Successfully pass the Stollery Medication Administration exam (achieve a grade of 90% or higher).
- Successfully pass PEARS course (offered in orientation).
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services