- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
Edm Remand CtrCorrections Clin
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Edmonton Remand Centre - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Corrections Health, Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
Correctional Health Care provides medical services and resources based on current evidence, research, and best practice.
Reporting to the Assistant Healthcare Manager, Correctional Services, The Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) performs a variety of Nursing duties in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) works as a member of the Correctional health care team collaborating on the delivery of holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of individuals, and/or communities. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the RN/RPN provides leadership in Nursing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for the purpose of promoting, maintaining or restoring health, preventing illness, injury, and disability.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) position required physical demands include lifting, pulling and pushing, and equipment up to a frequent basis.
Other Physical demands include:
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing, walking, lifting, pushing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, and/or transferring patients.
- The ability to see and hear, and to be able to lift up to 50 lbs is also a requirement.
Please Note: Healthcare, ERC Corrections, is currently undergoing rotation review.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) or the the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA).
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing education program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification required.
- N95 fit testing.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working within a correctional environment, an acute care facility or psychiatric program preferred.
- Successful completion of the orientation program and medication exam is required.
- Must have excellent assessment, critical thinking, organization, and patient care skills required.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work independently and using sound professional judgment.
- Must be able to communicate findings in a concise and accurate manner.
- Must have the ability to adapt quickly to changing and fluctuating priorities and workloads.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services