- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
U of A Hospital - At or Out of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. The incumbent performs a variety of nursing duties in accordance with clinical policies and nursing care standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing hemodialysis treatments to patients with acute and/or chronic renal failure in the Incentre/satellite Hemodialysis Unit.
In this regularized relief position, you will be required to work at various sites throughout Edmonton (Edmonton General Hospital, University of Alberta Hospital, Grey Nuns Hospital, and Royal Alexandra Hospital).
May have the opportunity to work in other city and rural satellite dialysis units within NARP.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS- HCP required.
- Minimum of one year recent nursing experience in an acute care setting is required.
- Recent acute and chronic hemodialysis and/or nephrology nursing experience is required.
- Demonstrated excellent assessment, organizational and patient care skills.
- Ability to communicate findings in a concise and accurate manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- On call required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with current (within 12 months) hemodialysis experience.
- The NARP program requires candidates to complete/pass Hemodialysis Training.
- Candidates with previous experience will be required to complete Hemodialysis Training as per Manager/Educators discretion.
- Hemodialysis Training is held in Edmonton or Red Deer depending on availability.
- Must have home computer compatible to complete distance learning component of training.
Hemodialysis orientation will take 6 weeks: 4 weeks on unit training and 2 weeks of buddy shifts (or equivalent hours). A passing mark of 80% on the final exam and satisfactory performance during clinical component is required to move on to buddy shifts.
This is a float position between Incentre hemodialysis unit and satellite hemodialysis unit at the UAH.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services