- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
UAH Cardiovascular ICU
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Mazankowski Heart Institute - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit caring for patients following cardiac surgery, heart, lung and heart/lung transplant surgery. The nurse, as a member of the multidisciplinary team, is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Decisions are made in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing education program.
- Current registration with CARNA.
- Current Basic Life Support (BCLS-HCP) - Health Care Provider registration required.
- One to two years recent Cardiothoracic ICU knowledge and skills with the ability to apply them in the clinical setting required.
- Applicant must have completed the OPACCA program or equivalent Critical Care certification.
- Current certification in CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy), IABP (Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump), Heartmate II, Heartware, Levitronix and ECMO is required.
- Charge RN experience in CVICU required. Applicant must demonstrate excellent assessment, documentation, clinical, organizational and patient care skills.
- Applicant must have the ability to communicate findings in a concise and accurate manner as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to identify own learning needs and seek guidance in professional practice where knowledge deficits occur.
- Must be able to demonstrate the application of all 3A8 advanced certifications. Applicant must successfully pass the CVICU Unit specific exam.
The applicant is responsible to provide proof of active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) and to maintain registration throughout the duration of employment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services