- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Wetaskiwin, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Wetaskiwin Hospital and Care C - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
In collaboration with a strong multidisciplinary health care team, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides patient and family centered care to acute and chronic renal patients in the Wetaskiwin Satellite Dialysis Unit. The RN practices within the philosophy and guidelines of the Northern Alberta Renal Program (NARP). The RN provides leadership in nursing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for dialysis patients.
Nursing duties and responsibilities are within the Hemodialysis Nursing Specialty scope of practice.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- Minimum 1-2 years recent Med-Surgical Nursing experience an asset.
- Recent acute and chronic Hemodialysis and or nephrology nursing experience an asset.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of case management an asset.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision making abilities required.
- Must be able to provide direction to other health care workers.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Successful candidate must be able to lift 40 lbs (18kg).
- Must be able to attend Hemodialysis training in Edmonton or Red Deer.
- Upon successful completion of the Hemodialysis training course in either Edmonton or Red Deer; pass mark of 80% on the final exam and satisfactory performance during the clinical component is required to move onto buddy shifts. Unit specific orientation shifts will be assigned by the hiring manager.
**Currently trained Hemodialysis staff would have a start date of March 13, 2017.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services