- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
Registered Nurse (2022.75)
UA-Medical Outpatient Unit-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
U of A Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The successful candidate will report to the Unit Manager of the Medical Outpatient Unit and Adult Day Medicine. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care by providing direct care and by delegating care to other appropriate personnel to maintain the flow of the unit. The RN assesses patient/family education needs and plans, implements and evaluates education strategies. This is a very fast paced unit with multiple competing demands. We provide care to various different adult specialties requiring IV Infusions such as chemotherapy, blood products and many types of drugs. The RN must be able to stand for long periods, prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required, as well as, the physical ability to perform CPR on Adult Clients.
- IV certification required.
- Two years recent adult acute care experience in Medicine, Neurosciences or Surgery required.
- Charge Nurse experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to participate as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Chemotherapy certification is an asset
- Basic computer skills are required for scheduling and communication.
- Fast Paced Unit, must be able to stand for long periods, work in a noisy environment, and assist clients with mobility issues. Must be able to lift over 20 pounds.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services