- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Admission Coordination RAH
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
If you enjoy a fast paced environment, thrive on problem-solving in complex situations and are open to change, this position may be of interest to you. The Bed Coordinator acts as a point of contact for the site regarding current status of admissions, discharges and transfers to defined beds. The Registered Nurse - Bed Coordinator will coordinate the movement of patients through specific program as well as the ongoing communication with the inter-professional team regarding clinical status of patients waiting for admission.
Critical thinking and accurate interpretation of complex information from a variety of sources are essential to the clinical decision-making required for the determination of placement of patients. The role of the Bed Coordinator is highly complex and Responsibilities include managing access and daily census of defined program specific bed base.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification is required.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- A minimum of five years acute care nursing experience is required with experience in Medicine and Surgery programs.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills are required.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, EXCEL, EDIS, VAX and e-People are preferred and an asset.
- Conflict resolution and strong communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking skills are required.
- Must be able to cope with high levels of stress, fluctuating priorities, and time sensitive deadlines.
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of sitting, or standing as well as repetitive movements.
- Must provide references that can substantiate above qualifications.
Applicants with experience at the Royal Alexandra Hospital within the Medicine and or Surgery Program are preferred.
Please Note: Active Bed Coordinators with up to date certification will get preference.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services