- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
RA-ICU Combined Medical/S-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The RAH ICU is a 25-bed unit characterized by high activity and 100% occupancy. The ICU is funded for 25 beds and cares for critically ill patients from the medicine, surgery (including the regionalized thoracic surgery program), obstetrics, gynecologic, neurosurgical, and trauma programs.
The unit provides evidence based services within an inter-disciplinary team model. Specialized services include continuous and intermittent renal replacement for acute and chronic renal failure, rhabdomyolysis and sepsis; therapeutic plasma exchange for hematological and auto-immune disorders; and critical care support for the regional bariatric program.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. The successful candidate will perform a variety of nursing duties and work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team for positive patient outcomes and improvements in quality care. Nursing care will be administered safely and effectively, according to hospital policies and nursing care standards.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- BCLS-HCP required.
- A recognized Critical Care course and recent ICU/CCU experience is required.
- Preference will be given to those with one or more of the following certifications:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS),
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC),
- CNA Critical Care Certification.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to critically think.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven coaching/mentorship skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to identify own learning needs, seek guidance in professional practice when deficits occur and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional growth and development.
- Charge Nurse duties may be required following successful orientation to the role.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services