- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Edm AB Vul Infant Resp team
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Plaza 124 Building - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The Alberta Vulnerable Infant Response Team Public Health Nurse (AVIRT PHN) works in partnership with a specialized multidisciplinary team which includes Children and Family Services and the Edmonton Police Service.
The goal of the AVIRT program is to reduce risks to infants (0-3 months) deemed endangered under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
In collaboration with team partners, the PHN will be part of a specialized approach to provide comprehensive assessment, risk mitigation, safety planning and parenting support. The AVIRT PHN provides expert infant and maternal assessment skills and clinical judgment to support care, short term follow up, referral, linkage, advocacy, consultation, and teaching.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification required.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred; however, skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in the community sector will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years recent Healthy Beginnings Postpartum Program experience required; however related skills and recent experience working with the newborn/infant population may be considered.
- Ability to be self-directed and to exercise independent nursing judgment required; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary team work required.
- Experience working with teens, diverse cultures, and marginalized populations required; knowledge of the determinants of health required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong clinical, analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services