- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
RAH Cardiac Recovery Room
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, On Call (EMS)
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The incumbent will perform variety of nursing duties by providing safe and effective nursing care according to Hospital policies and nursing care standards, monitoring patient status before, during and after diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures. This position will scrub and circulate during cardiac procedures ensuring patient safety, appropriate management of procedural equipment, medications and blood and body fluids, using aseptic techniques and universal precautions. The successful candidate will be required to administer IV and oral medications and be familiar with the set-up and operation of the following equipment: cardiac defibrillator, temporary pacemaker, intra-aortic balloon pump and other Cath Lab monitoring equipment. Provision of on-call coverage for the Cardiac Cath Lab (for urgent/emergent procedures) and rotation between the Cardiac Cath Lab and the Cardiac Recovery Room are scheduled requirements.
Cardiac Cath Lab provides an extensive orientation/training program supported by a strong multi-disciplinary team approach, consisting of both classroom and clinical time; with the assistance of a CNE and staff members ranging from novice to expert. Cardiac Services promotes career growth and development; and takes pride in adhering to the most current Standards of Care and instilling Nursing Excellence among its staff.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- Recent Cardiac Cath Lab experience and current Cardiology CCU experience are also required. Recognized Critical Care Course required.
- Current ICU experience considered. Current certifications in defibrillation, ECG, temporary pacemakers, and advanced hemodynamics are required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services