- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Westlock, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
NZ WSTLK CC LTC Nurs Res Unt65
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Westlock Continuing Care Centr - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The Registered Nurse (RN):
- Utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide care to clients across the life span.
- Ensures the development, implementation and ongoing administration of the client care plans.
- Assesses, coordinates, supervises, administers, and evaluates the provision of health services and health care resources.
- Accepts responsibility for continuing competencies through ongoing professional development, including participation in education programs, research and continuous quality activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately and effectively assess client status and to take appropriate intervention measures that have significant impact on the client&'s medical condition, safety, as well as ultimate recovery.
- Must follow Nursing standards/protocols as required in area of nursing specialty related to the job assignment.
- Must be able to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities.
- Must have the ability to work within team environment and to effectively contribute to client care planning processes and improvement in service delivery.
- Must have a great communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of specific clients and to relay client information to physicians, who may be geographically removed, in a concise, accurate manner in order to facilitate the physician&'s treatment decisions.
- Must have an excellent assessment skills to recognize and respond appropriately to client change in status.
- Position required physical demands include lifting, pulling and pushing, walking, standing, transferring and transporting clients and equipment up to a frequent basis.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) is required.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program, RN is required.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited academic institution is preferred.
- 1 year relevant nursing experience is desired.
- Certification as may be required within the scope of the position assignment.
Alberta Health Services requires that the health services provider be registered as a regulated member by their applicable College and that the health services provider provide proof of their registration.
The College of a profession provides the ability to work in Full Scope of Practice, including restricted activities that are authorized by the regulations of the profession. However, Alberta Health Services reserves the right to limit the use of providing these restricted activities until the health services provider can successfully prove competency of these activities to the satisfaction of Alberta Health Services.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services