- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
GR-Unit 3D Geriatric Assmt-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Glenrose Rehabilitation Hsp - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital is a comprehensive tertiary rehabilitation centre with an international reputation for excellence in complex rehabilitation and specialized geriatrics. We participate in academic training programs for physicians and allied health professionals and offer an extensive array of continuing education courses.
The Registered Nurse provides for the safe, effective patient care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for the frail elderly geriatric patients. Effectively coordinates the multiple care requirements of an older person with family and community health care agencies. Responsibilities include participation in activities and initiatives aimed at promoting, maintaining and improving quality and safety for patients, families and caregivers.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS- HCP required.
- Excellent communication skills with sensory/cognitively impaired older adults.
- Practical knowledge of adaptations necessary for functional limitations common to frail older adults and the ability to transfer, ambulate and care for an unpredictable patient population.
- Ability to respond holistically to the complexities of physical, psychological and spiritual needs that often present concomitantly in the elderly population.
- Current knowledge and experience in Geriatric Rehabilitation is preferred.
- Certificate program in Gerontology is desired.
- Recent experience in geriatric rehabilitation or acute medicine required.
- Experience in stroke is preferred.
Responsible to provide proof of active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) and to maintain registration throughout the duration of employment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services