- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
CH-SW LTC Home Nursing-EDM
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Misericordia Community Hosp. - At or Out of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
As a self directed team member with Community Care in the Edmonton zone, the Registered Nurse demonstrates strong team player skills and has responsibilities, including; assessment of needs, delivering appropriate therapeutic nursing services within professional practice standards, coordinating resources, establishing goals for client delivery, and evaluating outcomes. In addition, this position involves case management of clients as well as the direct provision of client care that meets established clinical standards, and is evidence based and client centered. The Registered Nurse acts as a consultant on the team providing clinical expertise and direction to other team members regarding their cases. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for participation in staff development and mentoring student clinical experiences, and providing guidance and direction to staff.
** This is a temporary position ending on or before July 31, 2017 **
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred; however, skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in community sector will be considered.
- Two years of recent nursing experience (obtained within the last 5 years) or completion of a refresher program within 2 years). Previous Community Care and/or geriatric experience a definite asset.
- Self directed and the ability to work independently and use sound professional judgement.
- Excellent organizational skills - to be able to prioritize and efficiently organize many details in a timely manner.
- Proven assessment skills.
- Physically capable of performing nursing tasks which could include transfer of clients.
- Experience with meditech and the RAI Home Care assessment tool preferred.
- The successful candidate will work independently in clients' homes, which could include single family dwellings, condominiums, and/or walk-up apartments. Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to work in different settings and environments (home environments and weather conditions), as well as be able to lift and carrying medical bags, which weigh approximately 25-30 lbs.
Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver&'s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services