- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Plaza 124 Building - Multi Site - At or Out Of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour
Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse
Supportive Living (SL) provides personal and professional care services in and around the Edmonton zone at a number of different Designated Supportive Living sites for approximately 3,500 clients with needs that fall within the psychosocial, physiological, health related behavior, and environmental domains.
SL is recruiting a Case Manager to coordinate the placement, assessments of on-going referral needs, care planning (both complex and annual), and delivery of professional and personal care services to our clients. As well, it is imperative that the Case Manager facilitates client engagement in community and site programs to enhance client self-worth, motivation, and stability in physical and mental health status; continuously monitors and evaluates care and outcomes, and; conducts formal reassessments, as well, identifies and mitigates client disengagement.
The SL Case Manager will collaborate with a number of partners and stakeholders across the continuum of the health system including - but not limited to - Contracted Service Providers, family physicians, acute care, clinical ethicists, multidisciplinary consult teams, management, Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, and clients and families. The Case Manager acts as the link between all of these groups to ensure the clients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, Case Managers facilitate the achievement of client -based goals and applicable standards, and assists site-based nursing and support services teams through excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Case Managers function as leaders, advocates, educators, and stewards of resources and rely extensively on clinical information systems and computer technology to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred; however, skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in the community sector will be considered.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- Minimum of 1 year recent community nursing experience (obtained within the last 5 years) is required.
- Previous experience working with clients who are geriatric, have mental health diagnoses, and with clients who have complex medical health needs (e.g., COPD, end of life status, diabetes) is an asset.
- Connections with and understanding of community services, resources, and supports is an asset.
- Experience with care plan development and complex case conferencing to overcome situations such as significant changes in client status is an asset.
- Strong negotiation and mitigation skills; ability to remain professional and composed during times of adversity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage in meaningful and solution-focused discussions with stakeholders and partners is imperative .
- The ability to organize one&'s self and remain organized during times of priority shifting and pressure is imperative in Case Management; there are ongoing multiple, competing priorities that shift daily.
- Ability to conduct (clinically competent) and experience with comprehensive physical assessments; ability to problem solve and communicate abnormal findings within appropriate time frames based on a risk assessment.
- Strong computer and technology skills (or ability to quickly learn and adapt) is required due to electronic documentation and care planning requirements for SL.
- Possession of a valid driver&'s license and a motor vehicle for work related travel is required.
- The successful candidate must be able to work in different settings and environments (weather conditions), as well as be able to lift and carrying medical bags, which weigh approximately 25-30 lbs.
**Please note that, if you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to complete a computer skills test which requires basic computer skills to complete. This skills test will not determine whether candidates are successful in their application, but it is used to help determine areas of strength and areas for growth, which may require further mentorship.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services