- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Resp Therapist I|
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Resp Therapist I
Child Health Resp Services
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.81 per hour Maximum: 47.30 per hour
Working in an inter-disciplinary team, the Registered Respiratory Therapist I is involved in the diagnostic and therapeutic care to patients with respiratory diseases, respiratory failure and associated medical and/or surgical problems in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and following up on respiratory care plans, performing respiratory care procedures and training students.
- The successful applicant must be a graduate from a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy.
- The incumbent must be eligible to write or have passed the National Respiratory Certification Exam as administered by the College and Association of Respiratory Therapy (CARTA) or the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapy (CSRT).
- Current active registration in good standing with CARTA is required.
- Current BCLS-HCP is required at all times.
- You have a high level of clinical expertise and a demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills are necessary.
- Through previous work experiences you will have demonstrated a positive attitude and initiative.
- You are highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
The preferred qualifications include:
- Current CSRT membership.
- NRP certification.
- Neonatal transport experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with current neonatal experience.
Responsible to provide proof of active registration with the CARTA and to maintain registration throughout the duration of employment.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services