- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Social Worker II|
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Social Worker II
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Royal Alexandra Hospital - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.96 per hour Maximum: 49.15 per hour
Mental Health, Psychology/Counselling/Social Work
Working collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team the Social Worker II is involved in the provision of Social Work services to patients and families.
- Psychosocial assessment.
- Crisis intervention.
- Complex discharge planning.
- Financial assessment.
- Assisting with capacity assessment processes and public guardian/trustee processes.
- Resource finding.
- Making appropriate referrals both internal and external to the hospital.
- Liaising with community agencies/programs.
The RAH Social Work Department strives to provide excellent patient centred care through ongoing education and implementation of evidence informed and best practice initiatives.
- A Bachelor or Master of Social Work degree (BSW) is required.
- More than 2 years experience in an adult inpatient acute care setting is required.
- Current registration with the Alberta College of Social Work is required.
- Experience with complex discharge planning, capacity assessment processes, and public guardianship/trusteeship processes are required.
- Experience with inner city resources and programs are preferred.
- Demonstration of excellent critical thinking and problem solving in a fast paced environment is required.
- Proven communication skills to work cooperatively and effectively with the health care team members, patients, and their families in a fast paced environment.
- Strong professional judgment, initiative, and effective time management skills are necessary.
- The ability to work with various computer programs is an asset.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services