The site Health & Safety Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager and be a member of the site leadership team. The incumbent will be the first point of contact for all safety related issues in the plant and on site. This is a permanent position with a great remuneration package and tremendous opportunities for growth.|
- Develop and coordinate the Project-specific Management Systems and direct the activities of the environmental, safety, health and security staff.
- Direct development and implementation of the EH&S training, environmental protection, security, emergency response, and occupational health services plans.
- Consult with and advise Project Management and Construction Management on EH&S matters.
- Direct preparation of monthly EH&S performance reports including both upstream and downstream measures.
- Interface with Client, Construction Management, Project Management, line supervision, subcontractors and other stakeholders on EH&S issues.
- Serve as the resource for interpretation of the OH&S Legislation.
- Direct the Subcontractor EH&S Prequalification process.
- Administer the incident/ accident information management process including participation in serious accident/incident investigation meetings.
- Audit EH&S weekly meetings and BBS observation performance.
- Participate in Monthly EH&S Stewardship Meetings
- Participate in Constructability Reviews and Model Reviews as required.
- Participate in weekly Project and Construction Management Meetings
- Must be able to read, write and speak English & French
- Must at least 5 years’ experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Must have excellent working knowledge of local OH&S regulations
- Must have high energy and a commitment for promoting company OH&S security and emergency response expectations to all site employees to ensure high awareness
Please join our client&'s team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
Qualified candidates are asked to forward their resumes in confidence to the attention of Troy Saddler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes in MS Word format only.
I thank all applicants for their interest but only those short-listed will be contacted. Resumes that we do not proceed with at this time will be kept on file for future openings.
THE NORAMTEC CONSULTANTS GROUP