As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our Waterloo Wellington branch for NEW and EXPERIENCED Personal Support Workers ( internal reference: Community Support Worker ) to work within the eShift program, providing palliative care to patients in our community. This position requires someone to perform special functions under the Supervision of a RN.
This position involves overnight shifts of up to 12 hours. Availability is required 1-4 nights per week (Monday to Friday) and every other weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Travel is required within the Waterloo Wellington area.
If you are a PSW looking for overnight shifts in palliative care, this opportunity is for you! Join the CarePartners team today and make a difference in your community.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/ Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- The eShift Support Worker delivers palliative care to clients within their own home
- This is an integrated approach to palliative care which facilitates a direct link of communication between a nurse (via laptop) and the eShift Support Worker (via iphone/Cell/Blackberry) throughout their shift
- These tools are provided to both the nurse and enhanced support workers by the agency
- Sensitive, individualized and proactive care is fundamental to the care that is provided to the clients
- A significant component of the responsibilities expected from the eShift Support Worker will be to assist and support the client’s family
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Personal Support Worker certification
- Certification in palliative care is an asset, but not required (palliative training is provided)
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to clients at end of life
- Comfort in using technology such as a cellphone, iPhone or Blackberry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to clients in their own homes – previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and/or access to reliable transportation means
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation, flexible schedule, great team.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
Specifics to be discussed at time of interview.