|Address||Mississauga, ON L5B2N6
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Carestay Healthcare Services Inc.|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Carestay Healthcare Services Inc. is an elite home healthcare agency providing services to seniors, autistic children, individuals with Dementia/Alzheimer’s and other healthcare needs in the community. We provide care for our clients 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, wherever they are- at home, work, or school. Our focus is to provide the highest quality of care so that our clients retain independence in their own homes and communities. We provide care according to our clients’ requirements and needs and are committed to maintaining their comfort with caregiver consistency.
Who We Are Looking for:
We are looking for compassionate, friendly, bonded and professionally trained Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our great team. We have positions available on a full-time, part-time or on-call basis and provide an excellent work environment with many incentives.
- In an efficient, kind and safe manner, assist clients with their activities of daily living as required, including bathing, feeding, washroom assistance etc. according to client care plan
- Monitor and supervise clients and their environment to ensure safety, report concerns to the Director or designate
- Meal preparation according to client care plan
- Maintain accurate monthly bathing record
- Maintain accurate documentation and records
- Lift and transfer clients using mechanical or physical means according to established protocol; assist clients with mobility as required
- Respond calmly and professionally in emergency situations and assist as directed
- Assist the Community Nurse with client health assessments
- Assist with or lead activity programs as required
- Report any actual or potential problems/situations to the Director or designate; complete and submit incident reports
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Alzheimer Disease and related dementias and community resources.
- Represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner.
- Perform other position related duties as required.
- Completed Secondary School, plus Personal Support Worker Diploma
- Currently registered with the Ontario PSW Registry
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Experience in working with cognitively impaired/frail elderly populations an asset
- Bilingual preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work within a computerized environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Capable of establishing and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to follow directives, be self- directed, and to direct others within established boundaries
- Provide a completed Immunization check prior to employment
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to Carestay Healthcare Services Inc. in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the National Canadian Policy Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
Interested applicants must send a copy of their resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.