|Address||Oakville, ON L6K3V3
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
As a key member of the client care team, you will provide high quality personal care services that are in accordance with care plans, policies, and procedures. Your exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to follow instructions will enable you to assist clients with various personal support tasks, such as personal hygiene, exercises, meals, and medication reminders. You are committed to ensuring that the physical and emotional wellbeing of clients are met, and you bring a dedicated client-first attitude to this important role. Along with at least one year of personal care experience, you must have graduated from an accredited personal care worker program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
• Candidate should be proactive and well organized.
• At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
• Experience working in home care considered an asset.
• Personal Support Worker Certificate.
• Flexible scheduling: Available Monday to Friday and every other weekend. Mornings, days/evenings and/or overnight shifts may be requested;
• Must have valid driver's license, with access to a vehicle;
• Must have current clear Police Check, within past 6 months;
• Must provide proof of 2 step TB in lifetime, with 1 step TB completed within past 12 months OR 2 step TB within past 12 months.