|Address||Peterborough, ON K9J8S5, Canada
|Bedrooms (#)||5 bedrooms|
|Bathrooms (#)||1.5 bathrooms|
|For Sale By||Owner|
ESCAPE THE CITY
THIS PROPERTY HAS IT ALL!
The possiblities are endless - have a hobby farm, organic farming, ANIMAL SANCTUARY- there are no zoning requirements.
We bought this farm to have a animal sanctuary, we have rescue horses, chickens, and a potbellied pig here, unfortunately due to very unforseen family circumstances we have to relocated immediately.. MAKE AN OFFER
Cute dutch gambrel style home with nearly 80 acres for sale in Northern Ontario - outside of Cochrane, ON.
Upgrades and renovations completed within the last approx 5 years are numerous including but not limited to;
- New shilngles
- New septic system
- New Vinyl thermo windows
- Updated 100 amp breaker system
- Addition for 2 additional bedrooms
- New chimney
- New vinyl siding
- Fully updated mainfloor bathroom with porcelin tile floors
- New drywall and insulation
- New Reverse osmosis water filtration system (the most refreshing and pure tasting water)
- Updated plumbing winter 2016 (pex)
- Brand new hot water tank 2016
- New sump pump 2017
- Nearly 80 acres dry land, (mixture of cleared land, brush and hardwood/softwood forest).
- Trails for horses, ATVs, or sleds
- Perrenial gardens
- Paved circular driveway
- Ample parking
- Large vegetable garden (approx 20x75 feet) with beautiful rich soil
- Horse shelter
- Tool shed
- River running through the property (river frontage on both sides beauitful building area) Very scenic and private
- Lots of wildlife including lynx, bear, moose, and rabbit
- Only 10 minutes to the closest town (COCHRANE ONTARIO) which has Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Giant Tiger, Beer Store, LCBO, to name a few.
You do not need building permits or inspections when building on this land AT ALL - NO ZONING RESTRICTIONS.
This means if you want to go completely off the grid it makes things very easy. Alternative building friendly, earthships, cob, straw bale etc.. no permits, save money.. BUILD YOUR OWN OFF GRID COMMUNITY!
Organized portion of this road is only a few houses down so you get almost all the benefits of being in an organized township with very low land taxes (less than $150.00 a year) SO YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!
PARCELS LIKE THIS ARE VERY HARD TO FIND!
- Ontario Hydro
- Mail service
- School bus p/u
- Highspeed internet and home phone (both serivces together are only $70/mth unlimited upload/download from local company)
- Year round road maintenance inc. plowing
Usually with unorganized parcels there are quite a few downfalls.
- most are inaccessible ... usually you need a boat, Argo, or quad to get to them.
- if you do find them with road access, usually they are on unmaintained road that do not get serviced or plowed.
- most are landlocked by crown land and you need to apply to the ministry to make a road through to your property.
- most parcels are too remote to accommodate hydro, phone, Internet connection, or postal service.
- although you do not need permits to build usually it is very difficult to access the parcels to even bring any building materials there.
Finding an unorganized parcel is becoming harder and harder, finding one accessible is even more difficult.
Our road is 1/2 organized so we get many of the benefits of being organized, without the restrictions.
We are 7 hours north or Toronto. The drive never seems that bad, it's pretty much straight up... take the barrie 400 north merge onto hwy 11 and our house is just off of hwy 11 on hannah rd. Very simple. (You can also head North through Bancroft of Peterborough through Haliburton)
Although you can find property with land closer to you, will will not likely find anything with this much land and freedom due to unorganized parcels only being located in the rural north... more and more townships are becoming incorporated as we speak. The freedom and opportunity will not always be here.
As I mentioned there are no building permits or restrictions you can build freely ... live self sufficiently.. Build bunkers, cabins, cottages, camps, and even other houses for family, friends, employees or even for revenue. You do not need to severe the land to have more than one dwelling on a unorganized parcel.
The layout of the main floor of the building consists of a front, rear, and side entry, a living room, a family room, dining room, full kitchen, a up-dated four piece bathroom, and a mudroom/laundry room. The second floor has five bedrooms, and a two piece washroom.
WE WILL BE SHOWING THIS PROPERTY IN EARLY SPRING, AIMING FOR A SPRING/SUMMER SALE THIS 2017. If you are interested please contact me with your contact information, and you will be called/emailed to arrange a viewing for spring.
Please keep an eye on this post for interior pictures, we are in the process of packing, cleaning, and touching up.
The above message is from an independent, third-party provider and Kijiji is not responsible for its products or services.