Forterra Building Products is seeking a Project Coordinator for its Cambridge, ON location.|
The position is the liaison between Sales, Engineering, Production and the client to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved. This position will report to The Technical Services Manager.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe andproducts in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-relatedinfrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution anddrainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.7 billion in2015. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 6,000 people andoperates more than 110 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S.and Eastern Canada.
- Quantity take offs and shop drawings for our pipe and precast business units
- Manage and perform assigned Sales Representatives quantity takeoffs and structural steel designs for wet cast special designs, drawings for orders and quotes, (and others as assigned).
- Assist inside Sales as required.
- Coordinate required order information with order entry personnel.
- Ensure that customers have the best and most cost effective solution to meet their needs
- Work with consultants and engineers as required to deliver the best solutions
- Coordinate efforts between sales, production and the customer
- Ensure timelines are realistic, accurate and achieved
- Monitor production to meet customer’s needs
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of completion
- As required, conduct site inspection/consultations to provide assistance and feedback on design solutions and construction implementation.
- Provide technical expertise to sales, administration and production when needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Civil Technologist Diploma or C.E.T., preferred
- 5 years’ work experience in similar role
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of pipe and precast industry
- Familiar with applicable Provincial and Municipal standards
- Technical aptitude, analytical and problem solver
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Inventor