|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Municipality of Marmora and Lake|
|Veteran Friendly Learn More|
MUNICIPALITY OF MARMORA AND LAKE
The Municipality of Marmora and Lake Transportation Services Department invites applications for the temporary full time position of:
Winter Maintenance Operators
December 2016 to April 2017
Reporting to and under the direction of the Manager of Transportation Services, the Operators will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to winter maintenance of the Municipal Road Systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum “D” Driver License with “Z” Endorsement and acceptable driving record.
• A minimum one full winter control season driving experience operating a tandem, single or tri-axle plow truck with wing and sander (must be current, i.e. within the last five years.).
• Ability to safely and competently operate loaders, tractors and other equipment.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform a wide variety of tasks relating to equipment maintenance, operation and repairs.
• Able to work 11:00 pm to 7:30 am, Sunday night to Friday morning and be available to be on call weekends and public holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Safe, competent and efficient operation of departmental equipment as part of winter maintenance program including using a tandem snow plow with plow and wing, front end loader and other equipment as required.
• Service, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment.
• Ability to read and understand current legislation as it pertains to the Hours of Work legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Highway Traffic Act, Minimum Maintenance Standards, Municipal Policies, Operational Guidelines, and other legislation and laws as applicable.
• Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
• Other related duties, as requested and required.
Current Driver Abstract is required to be submitted with resume.
Applications should be received by 4:00 pm, on/before November 25, 2016 to:
Municipality of Marmora and Lake
PO Box 459, 12 Bursthall Street
Marmora, ON K0K 2M0
Attention: Kevin Hart, Manager of Transportation Services
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (613) 472-5330
Although we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.