|Address||Cambridge, ON N1S 2S2, Canada
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Water's Edge Environmental|
WATER’S EDGE is a niche consulting firm located in Cambridge that provides fluvial geomorphological, stream assessment, natural channel and water resources services to government, agency and land development clientele across Ontario.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an entry to mid-level CAD Specialist. Candidates would ideally have a combination of education and experience pertaining to the drafting and design of river restoration projects. The position is Fulltime and would involve the preparation of AutoCAD design drawings, project quantity estimation and reporting. The successful candidate should also have the ability to work as a member of a survey crew as required.
In addition to a related diploma, the candidate’s knowledge and experience would ideally include:
• Preparation of design drawings using AutoCAD
• Quantity estimation
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers
• Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint and Outlook)
The preferred candidate may also have the following experience and/or attributes:
• Field surveying (using Total Station, GPS and/or Rod & Level)
• Construction inspection and supervision
• Experience in GIS (ArcView)
• Ability to work in and around water
• Organized work approach in order to manage the diverse nature of the work required
• Ability to work independently and promptly grasp new concepts
• Car and Valid Driver’s License (a personal vehicle may be required but you will be reimbursed for mileage)
• An interest in, and understanding of, current environmental issues and a shared vision for sustainability.
Candidates interested in this position are encouraged to submit their resumes via email to:
Water’s Edge Environmental Solutions Team Ltd
Cambridge, Ontario N3C 0E6