Position Focus |
This position supports and facilitates the CWB Group&'s talent acquisition processes, including implementing and evaluating talent acquisition programs and practices to meet the organizations talent needs. The role acts as a resource to leaders and employees in finding, attracting, acquiring, assessing, and hiring skilled talent to meet the needs of the organization and to ensure a healthy pipeline of talent.
*Please note, this is a 2 month TERM opportunity with possibility of extension.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma in Human Resources) and industry related courses/programs in employee relations and talent acquisition (RPR or CHRP considered an asset)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an HR client facing or recruitment role.
- Experience as a human resources practitioner who can function independently.
- Experience in administering human resource practices, recruitment and employment legislation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of HRIS and ATS systems is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and programs related to acquisition and retention of talent.
- Excellent communication skills, good judgement and the ability to influence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and with all external contacts.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet established goals, schedules and deadlines required.
- Excellent administrative and presentation skills.
- Proven networking skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of social media platforms for recruitment use.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills and a practical/business oriented approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment to achieve goals and resolve problems.
- Ability and willingness to travel for work.
- Provides guidance, direction and advice to management and people leaders on talent acquisition matters in collaboration with the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
- Provides consultative guidance and advice to managers on the interpretation and implementation of talent acquisition policies and procedures.
- Builds hiring manager&'s interview and selection capability.
- Supports the implementation of talent acquisition strategies, including the development of partnerships with suitable educational institutions, staffing firms and specialty groups to ensure a strong ongoing flow of high potential candidates
- Supports the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and programs applicable to the HR talent acquisition function.
- Manages the end-to-end recruitment process including job postings process, determines strategic placement on external websites, leads talent needs identification meetings, screens applications, conducts employment tests and preliminary interviews, administers assessments and presents results; conducts pre-screening and reference checks for potential employees
- Administers external websites advertisements.
- Participates in the promotion and sourcing of new graduate talent through participating in campus recruitment strategies and fostering strong post-secondary educational relationships.
- Coordinates internal and external recruiting programs for the CWB Group (career fairs, workshops)
- Supports the creation and maintenance of HR recruitment content on the INFOserver
- Facilitates or supports the roll out of HR and talent initiatives (new graduates, diverse talent, and leadership talent).
- Administers and maintains the CWB Referral Incentive program.
- Prepares, tracks and reports talent metrics (annually, quarterly and monthly).
- Manages and supports other HR projects and initiatives.
- Applies fundamental business and employment practices, ensuring compliance with all labour laws and regulations.
- Identifies cost efficient sourcing tactics and hiring initiatives/strategies.
- Maintains the tracking and reporting of the talent acquisition budget and related expenses, including vendor contracts.
- Acts as a Brand Ambassador for Canadian Western Bank Group.
- Ensures talent acquisition program aligns with the organizations culture and strategic objectives.
- Maintains proactive relationships, liaising with educational institutions and external agencies that support the talent acquisition process.
- Establishes sustainable relationships with employees and leaders through collaboration on initiatives that promote the objectives and directives of the organization.
- This role will provide coaching and guidance to business leaders in the areas of talent acquisition.
- The role holder is expected to have an understanding of HR policies and procedures in order to make informed recommendations and advice.
- This role will work independently and consult the Manager, Talent Acquisition or AVP, HR Client Support on major or complex issues.
- The volume of work is generally large but can be controlled using time management and prioritization.
- Act as backup to the Manager Talent Acquisition in their absence.
- This role will not have direct reports.
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK