CIMA+ is currently seeking applications for the position of Mechanical CAD Technologist from qualified individuals who are interested in becoming member of our Buildings Engineering group in Gatineau. |
- Provide design services for Buildings types of projects (educational facilities, light industrial buildings, commercial buildings and health care facilities);
- Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, sprinklers, etc;
- Perform sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with standards;
- Develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with other trades;
- Prepare working drawings using REVIT/AutoCAD;
- Perform work independently on projects to complete required tasks and outcomes;
- Keep current on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques;
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines, other offices and other project team members;
- Adhere to CAD standards.
- Mechanical Building Technologist, graduate of a technical college program;
- Familiar with systems such as chilled water, heating water, air handling, plumbing, fire protection and other specialized mechanical systems;
- A minimum of 2+ years of general design experience in areas including design for commercial and institutional buildings; with various HVAC, plumbing systems, and layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structural, electrical and architectural components;
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills;
- Experience in interpreting and applying various mechanical and building codes to project work;
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, team oriented with a strong desire to succeed;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology;
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes;
- Solid understanding of standard methods and practices;
- Experienced and capable in using Microsoft office products;
- Excellent French communication skills, both verbal and written, English would be considered as an excellent asset;
- Revit experience is a must.