|Address||Kirkfield, ON K0M2B0
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Halton Crushed Stone|
Dispatch & Scales (Full Time) - Position Available
Position: Dispatch & Scales
Region/Level: Central Ontario
Location: Kirkfield Quarry, Ontario
Manager’s Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Date: October 24th 2016
Salary Grade: $16.00 / Hr
Typical Hours: Mon-Fri 6am-5:00pm
Manager: Sue Falconer
The Halton Crushed Stone / Lee Sand and Gravel Dispatch & Scales Position is an important role in the day-to-day operations of our various locations and service to the customer. The primary objective is to act as the liaison between the Customer and Hired Trucks for Halton Crushed Stone, Lee Sand and Gravel. and any and all of our strategic resale partnerships. The Dispatch & Scales Position is responsible for helping manage and growing Halton Crushed Stone / Lee Sand and Gravel presence and profitability within Central Ontario. The Dispatch and Scales Position will work closely with his/her Sales Representative’s, Customer Service Coordinator. Logistics & Dispatch Manager, Plant Foreman, and Quality Coordinator. The Dispatch & Scales Position will work closely with internal and external customers and all our various hired trucking companies to ensure effective customer and market coordination.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
Reports to Customer Service Coordinator
Works very closely with the Sales Representatives, and Plant Forman on a daily basis.
Cross trained to back up Dispatch and Scales at any of our locations as required.
Works closely the Customer Service Coordinator, Quality Coordinator, Sales Manager and Plant Foreman(s)..
Achieving on time deliveries.
Assisting in collecting market intelligence to thoroughly understanding the aggregate market and the local trucking market in the assigned territory.
Developing effective relationships with our internal and external customers.
Differentiating Halton Crushed Stone & Lee Sand and Gravel from the competition.
Performing effective administration in order to ensure “right-first-time” customer quotes.
Performing effective and concise administration, communication, and data input into front end systems.
Work with the East GTA Logistics and Dispatch Manager to manage and secure all your required trucks 100% of time for projects scheduled from your assigned location(s).
Collaborate with your dispatch and scale peers at our other locations to maximize truck utilization across the entire market footprint.
Explore, bring forward and potentially implement new strategies for a coordinated and/or centralized dispatch.
Data Transfers and Data Mapping for Resale Agreements.
Ticket and data entry for any Resale Agreements that Halton Crushed Stone or Lee Sand & Gravel enter into.
Collection and reconciliation support of resale tickets for the Sales Representitives or the Customer Service Coordinator.
Strong customer focus.
Results oriented. Disciplined and process-oriented.
Excellent people skills – able to develop effective working relationships both internally and externally.
Strong work ethic. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Effective computer and systems skills.
Exceptional time management skills and reliability with regards to punctually.
500 + key customers
Territory – Greater Toronto Market Area
Multiple product sources and geologies (Stouffville, Kirkfield, Erin and Various Resales)
Education and Work Experience
• A minimum of Grade12 or with relevant work experience, or
• A minimum of 2 + years of experience in Order Taking / Dispatching Positions
• Preferred 2-5 years’ experience in a customer service role, preferably in an aggregate setting.
• Previous trucking and haulage experience would be an asset.
• Intermediate knowledge level or higher of MS office, Google applications, MS Outlook, Explorer (dispatch)
Knowledge and Skills
• Work effectively as a member of a team,
• Applies a positive & optimistic attitude,
• Work well under pressure,
• Detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate,
• Knowledge of construction industry is an asset, but not essential.
• Strong customer focus.
• Results oriented. Disciplined and process-oriented.
• Excellent people skills – able to develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Effective computer and systems skills.
• Communicate effectively for both written and oral communication settings.
Interested parties must submit their resume to Sue Falconer;
no later than Friday December 9th, 2016.
Please submit any resumes or correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org