Area Leader who provides instruction, guidance and leadership to the Quality Engineering Group by assisting in solving day to day problems and advance planning, utilizing the Magna Employee Charter while implementing policies, procedures and objectives of the company.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Completion of payroll, vacation, and overtime scheduling for your team
- Directly responsible for the Health and Safety of your team
- Support the QEC's with quality concerns at the customer / supplier plants
- Ensure implementation of all documentation for new products
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of all customer and supplier concerns
- Promote, encourage and practice teamwork activities.
- Develop, update and administer training plans for each job specification as necessary.
- Develop, update and administer a formal and informal performance appraisal program as necessary for all direct reports.
- Support team member career planning initiatives thereby ensuring succession planning and advancement opportunities.
- Manage proper work coverage during team member scheduled and unscheduled absences by use of cross training and teamwork.
- Supervises an average of 4-15 technical and nontechnical employees in accordance with the principles of the Employee Charter and the policies and procedures set out in the Formet Handbook and Area Leader's Manual.
- Recommends hiring and termination actions of team members.
- Administers disciplinary actions in accordance with the Process Disciplinary Procedure if and when it is needed, with support from the Department Leader and HR Coordinator.
- Participates as required in all ISO14001/ISO/TS16949 activities such as PFMEA and APQP initiatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during implementation of engineering changes, capacity reviews, quality concerns, launches, etc.
- Attend and / or champion meetings
- Demonstrate sense of urgency to achieve results
- Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
- Engineering or Quality Degree/Diploma (ASQ CQE) or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or applicable work related experience.
- Knowledge or background in TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA/Control plans and GD& T ; an asset.
- Must have minimum 5 years in the Automotive Quality Field.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments.
- Able to work in various locations inside and outside of the plant.
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
MAGNA INTERNATIONAL INC