ENGINEERING COORDINATOR – QUALITY - permanent job opportunity with a lead automotive parts manufacturer located near the London, Ontario area. Offering top wages, perks/benefits, profit sharing, pension plan etc. Growth opportunity!
Working n the Quality Assurance Department, the Engineering Coordinator-Quality is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and TS-16949 requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and ongoing product development
- Act as a champion/decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer product and engineering specifications.
- Leads all program launch activities from the quality perspective.
- Coordinates tasks/responsibilities to Quality coordinators, lead hands and technicians.
- Train and mentor quality coordinators, Lead Hands and Technicians as required. (Customer requirements, etc.)
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Works with personnel on APQP and cross functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines.
- Implements new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements.
- Coordinates, prepare and implement new program fixture build cost, timing and quality, to meet customer standards.
- Actively participates in the development of PFMEA’s
- Review problem reports and responses with resolutions to ensure there will be no recurrence.
- Evaluates dimensional issues and develop appropriate SC’s and/or CCs on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer.
- Liaises between customers, Q.A., Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontractors.
- Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements (PSO and Run @ Rate)
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality while managing customer sensitive documents and data that drives process and product changes
- Develops and maintains Q.A. Control Plan Package documentation and procedures.
- Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques, CAD, statistics and GD&T as required.
- Assists in TS-16949 and ISO14000 implementation and compliance.
- Performs statistical studies and report data as required.
- Microsoft Office, Windows, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in as similar role within Quality Assurance / Coordinator in the automotive industry
- Computer and CAD proficiency is required.
- Prior experience implementing TS-16949 procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs.