- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Oakville, ON,
Faculty/Department: Animation, Arts & Design|
Employee Group: Faculty
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 16/F/16
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: August 2016
Salary Range: $61,638 - $106,853 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Sheridan is looking for an outstanding individual to join our faculty team, starting in August 2016. The successful candidate will develop curriculum and teach a range of courses in Interaction Design to students in our Bachelors of Interaction Design Program in the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design. Sheridan&'s degree program prepares students to work as designers in the field of interactive communications. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to teach visual communication design, design thinking, interactivity and technology courses with strengths in mobile development and data visualization. Our goal is to produce designers with a strong, personal voice and who can potentially provide leadership in the increasingly digital global practice of interaction design, to navigate increasingly complex design problems, and contribute to positive social and cultural change.
Sheridan faculty provide academic leadership to programs and courses within their areas of expertise and contribute to the creation of a learning-centred environment where students can develop to their full potential. They also contribute to College, Faculty and Program excellence by collaborating on a variety of initiatives such as new program development, applied research and alternative delivery strategies.
• Master&'s degree in a related field of study (Ph.D. preferred)
• A minimum of five years relevant professional experience
• Experience teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level
• Formal studies in adult or higher education an asset
• Strong network of contacts with other academics, professionals, organizations and employers
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Dmonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
• A personal and informed view of contemporary interaction design practices, issues, and criticism
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com