- On Kijiji since April 2009
- View poster's other Ads
|Address||McCloskey Rd, Peterborough, ON K9J 6X8, Canada
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Department: Engineering Department
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Date Prepared: November 2016
McCloskey International leads the screening and crushing industry with a complete line of equipment including: cone, jaw and impact crushers, vibrating screeners, trommels and stacking conveyors. Our line is used in a wide range of industries which include aggregates, landscaping, infrastructure and road building, construction and demolition, mining, waste management and recycling.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the planning, organization and directing of projects from concept through the design, prototype, manufacturing and commissioning stages. They are also responsible for ensuring that work meets established internal quality standards as well as customer specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and optimize McCloskey International equipment;
• Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted designs, drawings and specifications for machines and components;
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, and performance of systems;
• Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports;
• Liaise with the production staff and engineers on any revisions to drawings;
• Develop Bill of Materials for each machine and complete any updates to machine manuals and checklists;
• Provide printed drawings and blueprints for production employees in both Fabrication and Finishing areas;
• Inspect the installation of mechanical systems;
• Work with production employees to investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems;
• Source and obtain price quotation from suppliers and prepare purchase requests;
• Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of Operations, based on business or customer requirements;
• Work in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
• 3-5 years previous related experience;
• Proficient using AutoCAD, Pro-Engineering, Creo 3.0 and other design and business applications;
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel (Advanced), Word, Access and Outlook;
• Strong communication, mathematical, analytical, mechanical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and adaptable;
• Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team;
• Ability to multitask several projects at once, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• A post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or related.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.