- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : JuJu
|Address||, Prince George, BC,
In accordance with the established vision, mission, and values of Northern Health, the Occupational
Hygiene Advisor, Health, Safety and Prevention participates as a key member of the WH& S ; team and
provides advice, guidance, and resources in the strategic planning, development, implementation,
sustainability, evaluation, and continuous improvement of an integrated, system-based approach for all
Occupational Health and Safety (OH& S ;) programs and practices in NH. The Advisor acts as a resource
and provides consultation, research, and educational support on occupational hygiene for the WH& S ;
team, managers, and staff; coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of
Health Authority-wide occupational hygiene programs; and facilitates organizational compliance with
legislated OH& S ; requirements to protect and improve the quality of work life and healthcare in NH.
A significant priority of the position is to work with key stakeholders and partners to build and sustain a
systemic framework that links all aspects of patient, staff, and public safety into a comprehensive cultural
vision aligned with the strategic directions of both Health Authorities.
A Master's of Science in Occupational Hygiene or a Bachelor of Science with a postgraduate
occupational health specialization.
- Registered member of appropriate professional organization (e.g., HCSPA).
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or a Registered
Occupational Hygienist (ROH).
- Two (2) to three (3) years of recent, related experience working in a healthcare environment,
including project management, change management, and quality improvement experience.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- A valid BC Driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and the Workers
- Ability to apply HSMS concepts/systems approach.
- Knowledge of change management, analytical, and root cause principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC's Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings - this is a true outdoor person's paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.