|Address||Fort Saskatchewan, AB, Canada
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Veteran Friendly Learn More|
Home Care AIDE
We are looking for caregiver to provide care for my wife (mid 50’s) who has MS. The right candidate will start by December 15, or earlier, if available.This re-posting previously had a "live-in" requirement; this requirement is no longer necessary.
Caregiver’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
1) Provide assistance with:
• All transfers: bed-wheelchair, wheelchair-toilet, wheelchair-shower, etc. My wife’s upperbody strength is excellent. She is able to stand stationary for periods of short duration, as long as she has a solid hand hold.
• Toileting (assistance on/off)
• Administering meds
2) Range of motion exercises while still in bed in the am
3) Prepare and serve 2-3 daily meals and snacks (as requested)
4) Light laundry and housekeeping
5) Accompany my wife to outside activities:
• Daily neighbourhood walks to library, shopping, visiting, etc
• Appointments-transportation by local Handivan services
This is a salaried position consisting of up to 6 days a week,at 10-12 hours per day. We would be willing to provide live-in arrangements, if desired by the caregiver
The vast majority of the time would be for companionship and supervision, punctuated by the caregiver’s duties as previously noted above.
Qualifications & personal qualities:
HCA Experience is required
Formal HCA training preferred, but not required.
Nursing background would be an asset.
Current Standard First Aid, Level C, with CPR/AED would be an asset
Must understand verbal and written instructions in English
Must be: personable, outgoing, upbeat, patient, empathetic, willing to “take charge” as dictated by circumstances, and be willing to accept direction.
Must be physically strong
Orientation and in-house training will be provided, of course. Please direct all replies/resumes to the email address (preferred), or the attached phone #