|Address||London, ON N6H 4Y8, Canada
Memoir Writer and Genealogy Researcher
I love writing memoirs for families. Everyone has a story to tell, personal reflections, cherished memories, preserving history for future generations. There is no greater gift. While interviewing families I find their knowledge of ancestry can be sketchy. I enjoy researching their genealogy, a glimpse into the past.
In today's frenetic society we seem to be forgetting or neglecting to pass along details from our familial past. It’s important to retain these memories, our ancestors and their personal histories make us who we are today.
There are many different possibilities your memoir can take:
1. The traditional book with stories of an individual family member to be preserved for future generations-the memoir could be a treasured heirloom or gift. Hardcover book formulation (higher rate) or scrapbook style which can include:
Scanable mementos-photos (picture portfolios) Diplomas
Family artwork Awards
Childhood artwork Ticket stubs
2. Mini-memoirs are less expensive. Perhaps you don’t want a longer life history, you may want to highlight a specific time, a wedding, military experience (war hero), a life changing event, the establishment and growth of a family business.
3. Legacy letters or memorials written to family to be read often after their passing, special life lessons and memories.
4. Weddings, capturing the couples history before and after meeting, future hopes and dreams. This could come in book form and be the ultimate wedding gift for a couple getting married.
The bride and groom could be interviewed separately and/or together as a couple. Close family and friends relating stories of the couple add a speclal touch. Mementos and photos could be included.
5. Births, parents interviews, their lives as children. Documenting the baby shower, nesting changes at home, the siblings feelings about the new baby. The birth, stories and emotions of grandparents, family and friends. Your chosen format.
6. Milestones can be open ended. A teenager at a national gymnastics competition, swim meet, sporting event (track, basketball, etc.). A business executive retiring. A 50th wedding anniversary or special birthday.
I am open to all project ideas and would be pleased to work with you.
Please contact me if you would like your memories or those of a loved one put down on paper.