|Address||25 Fair Rd, Guelph, ON N1K 1T3, Canada
As a member of our fleet maintenance team, the technician is responsible for ensuring that vehicle repairs are completed in a timely fashion, while ensuring the highest level of quality and service is provided.
• Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs (adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.)
• Test-drive vehicles to ensure repairs resolved the problem.
• Record time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted, on appropriate internal forms.
• Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
• Provide guidance and direction to apprentices and co-op students.
• Assist periodically with other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically.
• Superior mechanical aptitude.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• 310T Truck & Coach Technician License.
• 2-5 years’ experience on heavy fleet equipment and vehicles.
• Experience with computerized diagnostics.
• Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize.
• Experience working in a computerized environment.