Part-time Underwriting Assistant (One year contract)|
Job Code: 6775
Location: Kitchener, ON
Department: National Processing Centre
# of openings: 5
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 11/01/17
* * *
Are you looking for a longer term part-time opportunity? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are you always looking for efficiencies within processes? Are you looking to join a fast paced environment? Are you looking to gain experience in the P& C ; insurance industry? Then we've got the role for you!
Reporting to the Team Leader, Processing, you will be accountable for providing superior service in a processing role. Please note that this is a Part-time, one year contract.
PLEASE NOTE: The hours of operation for the National Processing Centre are from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm. Your shift will fall within this range.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada's leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there's really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we've been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we've come as far as we have, and the reason we'll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we're stronger together.
Who We're Looking for:
- You're able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week
- You're available to work on both Monday's and Friday's
- You're available to work shifts which will fall between 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
- You're a team player who is adaptable to a changing environment
- You understand the importance of quality and consistency in the work you do and are always looking to create efficiencies
- You've got exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- You're very organized, resourceful, fast, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You're effective and calm when working under pressure
- You're professional, friendly, and courteous - bonus points for a good sense of humour and if you know how to have fun
- You're always open to learning and expanding your skills
- You're customer service focused
Your Skills & Experience:
- You'll review and categorize incoming underwriting communications with high degree of accuracy
- You'll demonstrate superior computer skills and agility in manoeuvring through different systems and programs
- You'll transact in various policy administration systems
- You'll consistently meet quality and production expectations
- You'll maintain work within company service standards
- You'll also help out with general office and other duties as required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience but you know you have what it takes, be sure to tell us why in your application.
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree or diploma or willingness to complete a CIP designation
- Strong computer skills. Previous experience in working in case management tools, portals or databases will be an asset.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French and English) would be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an underwriting support role
What You'll Experience:
PLEASE NOTE: Should you be the successful candidate for this role, training will commence on your first day. You will be required to work full time hours for the first two weeks of employment. Once the first two weeks of training have been completed, you will move to part-time hours.
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people who want to help you be better at what you do
- A fun environment where successes are celebrated
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
How to Apply:
- Please complete the online application and include a current resume